Best Streaming Moments of 2020
Tiger King’ scene voted best streaming moment of 2020
· Joe Wicks’ PE classes and Frozen 2’s early release on Disney+ also made the top 10 list
· Streaming has been a big part of life in 2020 and was up 71% year on year in June
· A scene featuring Emma Corrin’s portrayal of Princess Diana in The Crown was voted second
Joe Exotic’s rant aimed at Carole Baskin on Netflix’s hit show Tiger King has been voted the best streaming moment of 2020.
Joe Wicks, Tyson Fury and Rudy Giuliani also feature in the top ten, along with scenes from The Crown, Karate Kid spin-off ‘Cobra Kai’ and Frozen 2’s early release on Disney+.
In the winning scene, Exotic blames his troubles on rival exotic animal park owner, Carole Baskin.
The iconic rant went on to be printed on t-shirts, mugs and pillows and spawned an internet meme that continues to this day.
The show was watched by 64 million people within the first month of its release in March 2020.
In the poll by satellite broadband service, Konnect, a scene featuring Emma Corrin’s portrayal of Princess Diana’s as she struggles with bulimia, in Season 4 of Netflix’s The Crown, was voted second.
Netflix rounds off the top 3, with a scene from Karate Kid spin-off, Cobra Kai, when successful Daniel LaRusso meets his former adversary Johnny Lawrence, now down on his luck.
Joe Wicks’ efforts to keep the nation’s children active during the first lockdown received 10 per cent of the vote and came in 4th place, having set a new YouTube livestream record with 955,000 people live on March 24th.
Wicks was one of three Britons whose solo efforts made the top 10, with Lewis Hamilton winning his 7th driver’s Championship and Tyson Fury’s TKO against Deontay Wilder in February also making the list.
James Soames from Eutelsat, the company behind Konnect, said: “2020 really has been the year of streaming, which has given us something other than the pandemic to talk about.
“We’ve been able to share moments like Tiger King, get active with Joe Wicks and even learn maths with Carol Vodermann, all while stuck indoors.
“Unfortunately, not everyone has been able to share these experiences; around 500,000, mostly rural, properties are dogged with internet issues.
“Satellite broadband can provide a vital solution for those who live off the fibre grid and ensure they’re not left behind.”
THE FULL TOP TEN
1. Tiger King (Netflix): when Joe Exotic says 'Carole *something* Baskin
2. The Crown (Netflix): when Emma Corrin plays Princess Diana and depicts her struggles with bulimia
3. Cobra Kai (Netflix): when Johnny Lawrence met Daniel LaRusso in the car dealership
4. Joe Wicks launches ‘PE with Joe’ to help the nation keep fit during lockdown
5. Queens Gambit (Netflix): when a young Beth beats the high school boys simultaneously at chess
6. Frozen 2 becomes available early on Disney+
7. When Lewis Hamilton won the F1 Grandprix
8. When Rudy Giuliani was “caught” by Sacha Baron Cohen in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
9. First Premier League game after lockdown (Aston Villa v Sheff Utd)
10. When Tyson Fury beat Deontay Wilder by TKO